Neophytes, apprentices, and experts in Web technologies, HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) and related fields are invited on 3 and 4 June to attend Summer Web 2011, an event organized in conjunction to the first edition of the Design Jam Iasi, Romania.
Supported by Mozilla Labs, The Red Point, Faculty of Computer Science, UAIC Romania, and ASII (The Association of The Informatics’ Students from Iasi), this is a two-day (ad)venture, during which people team up to discuss, share ideas and solve engaging UX challenges in the context of (mobile) Web applications.
First day (June, 3rd) consists of a series of presentations about selected Web and HCI topics within Summer Web 2011, a workshop on Web technologies organized by Dr. Sabin Buraga since 2001.
Several interesting talks are already confirmed:
- Design principles – Alecsandru Grigoriu, MSc student and 4 times participant at the Mozilla Labs Design Challenge
- Creating things for the Internet of things – Stefan Negru, PhD student
- Mozilla Jetpack – Laurian Gridinoc, Mozilla Add-ons ambassador
- Web 3D – Victor Porof, Google Summer of Code student at Mozilla (working on the Tilt project)
- Developing games for the mobile devices – Victor Porof & Alecsandru Grigoriu
On the second day (June, 4th), attendees – students or experienced practitioners, interaction designers, UX researchers, information architects, Web and graphic designers and even developers – will assign themselves to a group based on the skills they contribute and what they would like to learn. The teams will have to tackle a design challenge with a “secret” topic by doing research, sketching, guerilla testing and other UX techniques.
Teams will share their process and ideas. Outcomes – available under the terms of Creative Commons – could be a prototype, sketches, storyboards or videos – whatever communicates the idea best. These resources will be publicly available on the Design Jam wiki.
Additionally, you can follow us on Twitter – @designjamiasi.